Why become a member? ×

Seek Wah

Al Heeley

The guitarist out of my band has just got rid of his. He seemed pretty miffed with it in the end. To be fair he's got about a thousand pedals running at the same time so I've got no idea what it actually did...

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1336830673' post='1651666']
but again the with the m series you can only change how many steps and there order not the tone of each step which does make it slightly less musical ?
andy
[/quote]

That's right, the FM4 version would be much more useful if it's more flexible than the M series version. Still seems like a 1 trick pony to me but if you like it then that seems like the best route.

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1336836445' post='1651769']
That's right, the FM4 version would be much more useful if it's more flexible than the M series version. Still seems like a 1 trick pony to me but if you like it then that seems like the best route.
[/quote]

i think its a bit more versitile, its been a while since i had it, it maybe exactly the same as the one in the m5/9/13 but if you want alot of good filters without the distraction of all the other stuff its a good choice.

andy

Actually looks like they work identically. This is from the FM4 manual:-

"Here’s how it works: FREQ lets you select from a range of different patterns of sequenced wah filter positions. Turn slowly to find the preset that works best for your tune. Q sets the width of the filters. SPEED, as on the original, controls the rate (time) that it takes to cycle through the filters. MODE sets the number of filter steps in the sequence. The Seek Wah lets you choose 4, 6, or 8. The Seeker allows any choice from 2 to 9 step"

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1336840730' post='1651822']
Actually looks like they work identically. This is from the FM4 manual:-

"Here’s how it works: FREQ lets you select from a range of different patterns of sequenced wah filter positions. Turn slowly to find the preset that works best for your tune. Q sets the width of the filters. SPEED, as on the original, controls the rate (time) that it takes to cycle through the filters. MODE sets the number of filter steps in the sequence. The Seek Wah lets you choose 4, 6, or 8. The Seeker allows any choice from 2 to 9 step"
[/quote]

ah kinda makes sense i suppose, i new they were close! i only needed the filters so i as above didnt want to get lost in a big multi.

andy