Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gig at Cain Manor Farnham,anyone played there?

bassmanady

I have a wedding gig at Cain Manor Farnham,run by Bijou corporate events and received their Bijou band agreement,which states no amps or monitors can be used by the band,and Must use electric drums.

We have to plug directly into their mixer,or we can use ours,then that mix goes to their limiter system,then into 4 Bose speakers in the hall.Two front house two back of hall.

Some of the band use IEM anyway so they should be fine using our mixer,but i usually use a monitor for sound limiter gigs which i wont have.

So anyone played there with this system,how did the band mix/sound etc

thanks Ady

Edited by bassmanady

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1351528530' post='1852219']
Can i ask how it went? a band i know are also booked to play this venue next week and are a bit concerned.

cheers.
[/quote]Hi,First you cant use your own monitors,amps,i walked in with a floor monitor and was promply told "you cant use that",If the band have IEM then there is no problem,we used our own mixer,so that the IEM band members could have their own personal mix from that,
The mix from the desk goes to their desk which is controlled by them regarding limiter/compression/tone control,which then goes to 4 speaker's in each corner of the dance area,and they are about 12 feet of the ground,If your are too loud the sound is limited etc the power is not cut off...the sound is really thin....all night people were asking us to turn up,even the groom complained,but they wont budge.
There is 2 very small ceiling monitors facing the band( the playing area is under a balcony)so if you dont have IEM you can get the mix played back through them,but honestly they are very basic.I dont have IEM and just about got away with them.JUST!!
I used my TC amp which can be used without speakers,
Hope this helps,