Why become a member? ×

Fakes on eBay - we should all report them when we see them

I'm really concerned with the number of fakes turning up on eBay. I notice mostly Fender or Squier.

No matter how these are described when they're advertised, many of the unfortunate buyers are blissfully unaware & by the law of averages at least some of these fakes are going to end up being advertised here on BC.

Just look at the Serial Number thread above this forum, see one example of feedback & how many fakes have been sold with the same serial number.

I feel sorry for the poor guy or gal, young or old, who buys one in the best of faith, gets fed up with, joins BC to try & sell it! It's probably already happened, I don't know.

I hope we can do our bit to help get rid of these scum & report fake items to eBay, it only takes a few clicks, a couple of minutes to do.

Cheerz, John
end of rant ;-)

Always pleased to see a big smilie at the end of a line :)

[size=5][color=#ff0000]Seriously folks[/color][/size] I've been looking at this guy's feedback & it's F'in unbelieveable - he's sold *the same bass* F knows how many times, a Sunburst P - 4th, 5th, 7th 11th & 16th ofMarch, the black one that advertised now was also sold on 26th February!
[url="http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sean1000_7&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&iid=180836750360&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller"]http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sean1000_7&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&iid=180836750360&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller[/url]

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1336578826' post='1647862']
I'm really concerned with the number of fakes turning up on eBay. I notice mostly Fender or Squier.

No matter how these are described when they're advertised, many of the unfortunate buyers are blissfully unaware & by the law of averages at least some of these fakes are going to end up being advertised here on BC.

Just look at the Serial Number thread above this forum, see one example of feedback & how many fakes have been sold with the same serial number.

I feel sorry for the poor guy or gal, young or old, who buys one in the best of faith, gets fed up with, joins BC to try & sell it! It's probably already happened, I don't know.

I hope we can do our bit to help get rid of these scum & report fake items to eBay, it only takes a few clicks, a couple of minutes to do.

Cheerz, John
end of rant ;-)
[/quote]

I agree..what's stopping those who purchase these fakes selling them on a "genuine"???..thankfully there's a lot of knowledge on this site about Fenders unfortunately Joe Average probably doesn't have this so who's to say these basses aren't going to be sold on to some unsuspecting buyer without this knowledge..

How about we set up a Consultancy/Advisory service for eBay??