Why become a member? ×

Ibanez ATK 305

Murph_Orpheus

[quote name='Murph_Orpheus' post='179336' date='Apr 17 2008, 10:39 PM']I already have a 5 string Warwick $$, but I've been wanting a new bass lately just for a bit of variation. I'm just wondering would this be worth it[/quote]
If you're not put off by how f***ing ugly it is, i think it may well be worth it. Sounds very musicman.

I'm looking at the 4 string at the minute (along with a few other things). They do look the business. The only thing that'd put me off the 5 string is the string spacing on the current model - it's VERY tight. Some of the earlier models had much wider spacing on the 5 strings.

Play one and see what you think yourself.

[quote name='Murph_Orpheus' post='179336' date='Apr 17 2008, 10:39 PM']I already have a 5 string Warwick $$, but I've been wanting a new bass lately just for a bit of variation. I'm just wondering would this be worth it[/quote]

I've got a four string $$ as well as the ATK305. To me they're quite different basses.

I think of my $$ as essentially a Jazz on steroids, but it doesn't really do stingray sounds (its about all it doesn't do!). I think the ATK would complement the Warwick nicely.

Someone has mentioned string spacing - it is around 17.5 mm from memory, so it is pretty tight, but I suspect no tighter than your $$ fiver