Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller, Manchester

Rayman

Amazing gig. Incredible band, and a very very talented bunch of guys indeed, all complementing the music beautifully. Some of the interplay between them was stunning. At one point there was Bass, keys and sax on one side of the stage having their own little jam, while the drums, guitar and trumpet had their own thing going on, all within the same song, it was a joy to hear and see.

The new material from the new CD "Renaissance" sounded fantastic to, so I can't wait for that either.

Top man, top band, top music, and a thoroughly nice chap afterwards too. If you get the chance to go and see him, do it.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/russjm/2012-05-06204612.jpg[/IMG]

Oh and top marks for the kebab after the gig, perfect ratio of meat to salad, topped with a tangy chilli sauce and rich creamy mayo, wrapped in a soft, fluffy pitta. Washed down with a chilled well known orange coloured energy drink. Perfect way to end the night.

:D

Saw him at Cheltenham Jazz on Saturday and agree with everything you say!

One thing puzzled me though given that he launched the SWR Marcus Miller pre-amp last year how come he still uses EBS as you can clearly see in your pic?

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1336382837' post='1644609']
Amazing gig. Incredible band, and a very very talented bunch of guys indeed, all complementing the music beautifully. Some of the interplay between them was stunning. At one point there was Bass, keys and sax on one side of the stage having their own little jam, while the drums, guitar and trumpet had their own thing going on, all within the same song, it was a joy to hear and see.

The new material from the new CD "Renaissance" sounded fantastic to, so I can't wait for that either.

Top man, top band, top music, and a thoroughly nice chap afterwards too. If you get the chance to go and see him, do it.

Oh and top marks for the kebab after the gig, perfect ratio of meat to salad, topped with a tangy chilli sauce and rich creamy mayo, wrapped in a soft, fluffy pitta. Washed down with a chilled well known orange coloured energy drink. Perfect way to end the night.

:D
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1336388064' post='1644731']
Saw him at Cheltenham Jazz on Saturday and agree with everything you say!

One thing puzzled me though given that he launched the SWR Marcus Miller pre-amp last year how come he still uses EBS as you can clearly see in your pic?
[/quote]

He mentioned something about this at bass day but can't remember the exact details he said.

I think it's something to do with hire companies in the UK have the EBS gear and not the SWR, so as he's had years with EBS he's still more than happy to use it if it's available.

Thanks, makes sense but I bet SWR are not best pleased about that!

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1336388682' post='1644744']
He mentioned something about this at bass day but can't remember the exact details he said.

I think it's something to do with hire companies in the UK have the EBS gear and not the SWR, so as he's had years with EBS he's still more than happy to use it if it's available.
[/quote]

Slightly off topic as the pic below is from RFH in London on Friday, 3 rows from the front :)

Great gig and nice to see him in the bar afterwards signing CD's

[attachment=107293:marcus miller festival hall.JPG]