Why become a member? ×

OLP Natural Flametop MM3 5-string (Musicman style) - £200 - Autographed by Tony Levin

therealting

Hey folks,

Up for sale is my Musicman-style OLP Flametop MM3. I haven't seen another in the UK as I had to import it from the States at some cost - if I remember correctly, it cost well over £400 including taxes and shipping at a time when the exchange rate was more favourable. Only selling because it doesn't get a look in now that I have my Dingwall, but I'd rather keep it as a backup than let it go for a pittance.

I have done a couple of mods - the bass is now fully shielded, the pickup has been rewound and potted by Bareknuckle pickups, and I have installed a series/parallel switch in place of one of the control pots. Controls are now volume, series/parallel toggle (acts like a boost in my experience), tone making this a versatile passive bass.

Tony Levin was kind enough to sign the headstock of this bass for me when he was doing a clinic in the UK.

Cosmetically I would describe this bass as being in pretty good condition other than one finish chip on the back of the lower horn (see photo). There are minor scratches here and there from gigging use, but nothing serious. It is also very light which makes it great for long gigs or if you want to remain on good terms with your back, and has a narrowish string spacing which is kind on your fingers (makes playing my TRB6 feel like doing the splits).

Selling for £200 firm collected from SE London including the pictured hardcase (has signs of use).

J

Edited by therealting

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers guys.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Overall spacing at the nut is 35-36mm centre-to-centre, so about 9mm between strings.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Overall spacing at the bridge is 64mm centre-to-centre, so about 16mm between strings.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's certainly on the narrow side for a 5-string; not quite as narrow as my custom Conklin 8-string which has 14mm spacing at the bridge, but narrower than my Dingwall which is 17.5mm at the bridge.[/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...