Why become a member? ×

Left Handed Jazz - early 70's ?

mxm

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Jazzmaster-Bass-guitar-left-handed-/270966943048?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f16e36d48#ht_500wt_1413"]http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_500wt_1413[/url]

What's the consensus ?

Apart from the front and rear mismatched paint work (may be due majorly faded red) this feels right ?

...1973 ish ??!!!!

I've asked for serial no and more pics.

Edited by mxm

£1901, did anyone on here buy this?

I asked for and received photos of the truss rod screw, which was buried well into the end of the neck, there is a 2mm shim under the neck and the action was just so high.

I particualarly didn't like the way the bidding amounts increased from £10 to £60 for each bid.

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1336843035' post='1651868']

I particualarly didn't like the way the bidding amounts increased from £10 to £60 for each bid.
[/quote]

i think ebay does this once an item gets to a certain value

With that much money involved I'd want to see the bass in person before getting into any bidding, and then pick the bugger up in person. Sweet bass just too much of a risk for me !

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1336843761' post='1651884']
With that much money involved I'd want to see the bass in person before getting into any bidding, and then pick the bugger up in person. Sweet bass just too much of a risk for me !
[/quote]you're dead right.

its a lot of money to pay sight unseen especially given the potential nexk problems mentioned above - this would be an expensive repair as the neck is blocked and bound - this always puts the repair cost up - and then you have a non-original bass

so all in all not worth its selling price

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1336844804' post='1651902']
I'd just like to thank Wateroftyne, for tipping me off over the buried truss rod. I didn't see it on the listing pics straight away.

But the seller was very helpful and happy to provide pics of everything I asked for.
[/quote]

Nice one.