Why become a member? ×

FT/FS - Gibson Epiphone - Thunderbird Pro-IV - £250

Rammsteinbrit

Hey Everyone,

Traded this for my Tanglewood last year with good ol' forum member "Krispn". Its an +++AMAZING+++ Bass, unfortunatly it just doesnt fit my requirements anymore. I need a "Spare" for gigs, and looking for something much more closer to my Fender Aerodyne.

Has been used twice (seriously) since trading off of Krispn, has only been used as a spare bass, and since i dont really break strings etc too often, its been sitting there looking pretty!

This is the original ad from "Krispn" :-

[size=2]"Just a few months old this is a natural oil finish active T Pro Thunderbird bass. It has none of the rough neck problems that some guys here have had with their NO finish T pro's.

The bass plays great has a really nice sustain from the thru neck construction and looks killer on stage. It has a more 'jazz profile' and certainly suited to fast runs.

The bass works really with with dirt boxes and i used it mainly on the tunes which I use dirt alot. Sounded very rock I can tell ya.

Sonically I find this bass very versatile. Its has active p/u's ( and roundwound strings) and as I normally play a P bass with flatwound strings its a great contrast for the songs where I use it with my band - being able to boost the bass and treble means I can leave my amp alone and do all changes from the bass itself - very useful when switching mid set.

The tone is solid and it can go from a burpy j vibe on the bridge to P bass fullness. I found that some solo bass tunes I have sounded great - the harmonics jumping out and sounding very alive with the tonal range much more tweak-able than my P bass. Its hard to describe tone but you get the general idea.."[/size]

I will add that the strap button has been move to the neck area, to avoid the neck dive issue (ill show in the pics)

Will be sold with the high quality Gibson Epiphone fitted leather effect hard case...

Ill upload some photos tonight, until then, heres some stock...

Trade wise, im interested in anything remotely Fender (or Fender looking)...

Feel free to post on here or PM me,

cheers,

Darby.

I will post some of MINE tonight...

Edited by Rammsteinbrit

nahhh, not these days :(

i like your bass alot than to the V, nice narrow neck and a bridge where you can alter it easily, far superior to the "3 pins".
i thought the 5 string felt it had more of a 6 string neck (opinions?)

whats the feel of the natural finish like? i head it feels real nice and comfortable if you walk bass or simply like caressing basses ;)

shame your trading or i'd think about pouncing on this.

best wishes with it all :)

• 2 weeks later...