Why become a member? ×

Stingray 5 H trade for a Bongo 5??

theosd

I love my stingray, but I think (and am pretty sure) that a bongo would be all round better for me in most ways. If you feel the same but in reverse (although you don't have to love your bongo), please PM me =]

The bass is faultless except for a 3mm wide imperfection in the finish, which looks like a factory error rather than misuse.

Video and audio of it in action can be found on our myspace: [url="http://www.myspace.com/aliquotflow"]http://www.myspace.com/aliquotflow[/url] (the video being in the blog)

Here's some pics, too:

sweet SR5 and the same goes for Dougal's Bongo 5 - looks like a swap if ever I saw it. good luck fellas :)

both basses have their attributes,and its not till you let either one go that you realise you actually need both a Bongo [u]and[/u] a SR5. thats how I feel about it anyway

[quote name='Golchen' post='178552' date='Apr 17 2008, 08:52 AM']I like the look of that bass!

I'm interested to know why you think the Bongo would suit you better?[/quote]

From what I gather, the bongo seems to be more 'tamable', and my band requires a cleaner, politer sound. Plus I'm not one to go on looks alone, it's about personality too, which the bongo has in shed-loads!

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='178664' date='Apr 17 2008, 11:00 AM']Sounds like a Sterling might be what you need, I suggest you go and play both the bongo and sterling first.[/quote]

If anything the Sterling is reknowned for being even more aggressive!!

agreed,the Sterling is more organic and growly than a Bongo and more too than an SR5 . Bongo sound is more about the electronics,bigger and smoother. when I had a Bongo and Sterling at the same time,switching from the bongo to the sterling was like going from active to passive,like a lot of volume and tone dropped out.
The Bongo sounds better but from experience I think the Sterling/SR5 is the better gigging bass