Ollie73

Hello Gents,

I'm selling this one.
it's a Fortress One From 1995
Full passive (special demand)

Body in Flamed Maple - Honey violin Finish
Neck Full wengé
New elixir String 45-65-85-105
Not Produced anymore in this finish and in the essence of Wood...

Mint Condition, only little nicks (you can see on pic 2)
I'm asking 650£ Paypal only
No Trade.

Don't hesiate to PM me for extra pics and serial n#
Yours,

Edited by Ollie73

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1336056424' post='1640230']
Wow, I wish mine was this colour.

Bump for a great bass, the neck on these models is just fantastic
[/quote]

Me too, i have a green machine- much prefer this colour, beautiful. Fortress's are amazing basses and as mentioned the necks are gorgeous too. Coincidentally I am just going all passive with mine, gonna try them Wizard things everyone goes on about :P .

This bass is surely worthy of a punt into quality Warwicks. Good luck with the sale :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine is vol vol tone tone. I actually love a combination of tone rolled off on the bridge but full on the neck...the wizard trads I got sound great too. The passive wiring was done by basschatter Kiogon, he did a fantastic job with screw terminals so no soldering was needed. The bass interestingly seems to still retain the Warwick mids...something in the woods/construction maybe??? I've always believed the wood thing was hype but now I'm not so sure ;)

I found the Wizard Big pair in mine has made it sound 95% the same as my Wizard Big paired FrankenP, so maybe the subtler Trad pickups let the construction sound through. Incidentally, as far as 'Warwick mids' are concerned, I'm not sure how many Warwicks have maple bodies, so it might be more the construction than the woods. The neck is the main thing, though, and the ergonomics - it's a very very comfortable bass to wear and play.