Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fender Precision Bass in Fiesta Red.

Colin Cattle

I've been the proud owner since 1971 of a Fender Precision Bass in Fiesta Red, the serial number is 78353, which I think dates the instrument around 1959. It has it's original paint finish, although the paint finish is little road worn. It has all the original fittings except it's missing the bridge cover the pick guard (which incidental I've never had). It has a rosewood fingerboard glued on a maple neck featuring "clay"-style dot position markers.

I appreciate it's difficult to speculate on the current value of my instrument and also realise that a great many variables are involved in assessing the value of vintage instruments—such as condition, rarity, desirability, etc. However as I'm cogitating about a sale I think the best way forward, is to attempt get an rough approximation of worth on my valued on friend.

Colin Cattle

I'd possibly look at putting you question in another section of the forum Colin as the 'sales' section is technically just that; items that are for sale. It could be viewed that you were inviting offers on the instrument which is against forum rules and opens up the doors on this part of the forum for much speculation and pulling apart of your instrument... which again is frowned upon. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...