Why become a member? ×

Aguilar db750

andybassdoyle

I had one of these and absolutely loved it. Best bass head I've ever owned but, unfortunately, just too heavy for me :(

It really is quite a weighty beast and I found I could get a lot of the tone I wanted from a tiny little TH500 (matched with the right speakers).

However, if you're OK with the weight & want a serious gigging amp then, in my opinion, nothing else comes close!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1334839971' post='1622146']
I had one of these and absolutely loved it. Best bass head I've ever owned but, unfortunately, just too heavy for me :(

It really is quite a weighty beast and I found I could get a lot of the tone I wanted from a tiny little TH500 (matched with the right speakers).

However, if you're OK with the weight & want a serious gigging amp then, in my opinion, nothing else comes close!
[/quote]

couldnt agree more! i when't from an ampeg svt pro 6 to this. wanted more volume and a a/b'd the 750 with a svt-cl and it just killed it! and the headroom of this amp is silly! i still haven't got it past 3 out of 10. and if you crank the gain it gets a nice grit to its sound, simple but effective eq and first amp ive had where the deep and bright switches make a big dif!

serious amp!

andy