Why become a member? ×

FS/Feeler: Shuker Custom/fretless (lined) 6-string/withdrawn

eubassix

Listed as a 'feller' as I'm contemplating have JS refret the bass, but thought it best to list in case somebody is looking for a unique FL-6 quickly. Originally built (and later defretted) by JS for James Crofts. Details/specs.:-
[size=4][color=#000000]1998[font=Calibri] custom built 6 string fretless (was fretted)
34" scale
24 fret
7 piece wenge/maple laminated neck
santos rosewood f/board
brass nut
ebony headstock veneer
gotoh tuners
zebrano body sides (custom shape)
satin lacquer finish
EMG pickups (45P & 45J)
Latest Shuker 3 band preamp @ 18 volts[/font][/color]
[font=Calibri][color=#000000]vol, bal, treb, mid, bass
locking jack
ABM bridge- [/color][/font][font=Calibri][color=#000000]String spacing is adjustable from 16.5 - 19mm[/color][/font]
[color=#000000][font=Calibri]This is the only one like it with the off - set body and the left handed headstock[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Comes with a Yamaha (TRB) case[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Calibri]In excellent overall condition. I've tidied a few things (replaced the stripped p/up height screws etc.) and oiled the f/board. The neutrik fitting is a bit untidy (and doesn't seem to lock). I'll get this down to JS during the coming week if no interest.[/font][/color][/size]
[b][font="Calibri"][color="#000000"]withdrawn for re-fret[/color][/font][/b]

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1334422827' post='1616075']
Hey mate.This is gorgeous! I know the bridge spacing can go to 19mm but can the neck width take it without the string falling off the edge of the fingerboard? [/quote]

Good Question/point, and something I hadn't considered or tested. But I will do so and edit asap:-

edit/update: checked, and it's OK. The f/board is pretty wide (not as wide as a TRB-6, and has a nice radius rather than being flat) - 55mm at the nut; 93mm (= 3 & [sub][sup]11/16") [/sup][/sub]at the 24th fret

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1334431666' post='1616242']
If you can take a photo of it with 19mm string spacing that would be great :D
[/quote]

Will do so if I have time, but there's already some interest via PM and still have the re-fretting option.
*I've just checked the distances between the bridge saddles (schaller/roller type adjustment) and they're at 19mm currently, so could even be set slightly wider (!). The bridge itself is 120mm wide. The max. distance from B (centre) saddle to C is c. 98mm. I've added a photo but will replace with one in decent, natural light tomorrow :-

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1334435207' post='1616279']
Thanks for that mate. Is there any sort of protective finish on the fingerboard from string wear? Cheers again! [/quote]

No, but the f/board is very clean/smooth/unmarked - just some superficial 'roundwound' marks. Photos should show this; I'll add just the f/board photos here (*.... I have no idea as to how long this has been fretless, although it was first listed as such by the original owner in May 2011)