Why become a member? ×

Battle Of The Bands - Kent

spongebob

Hope I'm posting this in the right bit....not sure if it's GBD or OT!

About 2 years ago, when I played in my last originals band, there was quite a few opportunities in the Kent/SE area for Battle Of The Bands-type events.

I played a load in Sheerness (at the Ivy Leaf), Bexleyheath at the OHM, some place in Gravesend, and a few others. Oh, and 1 in Sittingbourne if I remember.

I've tried to search online for similar events these days - but all I get is dead links, or out of date events.

I'm kind of scouting around for gigs to coincide with the album being finished, but so far I'm not doing to well. I booked lots of pub gigs before for covers bands, but I've not done too much on the originals side for a bit.

Any suggestions on people/places/venues? Just want the exposure (ahem)...but where? Are these kind of events dead?

i know the beacon court in gillingham has had stuff in the past but havent seen anything recently - the command house has a couple of weekender things going on in the summer (love music hate racism) - a mate of mine plays bass in a doom band and i know they have played a couple of BOTB things this year and last year but they are mostly metal oriented

unfortunately the alexander down by chatham station has just changed owners and the band listing was cancelled/suspended(?) not sure if they going to carry on but the three mariners in rainham is back up and running again with live music

good jam/open mic night on mondays at lower bell (blue bell hill) if youre anywhere nearby

No sure you should be entering BOTB comps with an album to promote...you need to sync these up...
Isn't this the cart before the horse...releasing something without a fan base.. or any gigs you can do.

You are going to have to self-promote..and convince the venue that you can get people in

Edited by JTUK