Why become a member? ×

Cheap overdrive pedal

paul_5

I was browsing the internet last night and came across this:

[IMG]http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/paul_510/12835098231673png.jpg[/IMG]

It's a shade over £30 and arrives tomorrow. Never heard of them before, but for that money it should be alright for a backup. Looks [i]very[/i] close to the Boss ODB3. Report to follow...

seems to be a new brand accessing cheap chinese manufacture - similar to GLX and Harley Benton. Chord also do budget instruments, got given a chord telecaster to 'do up' recently. It was about £110, hardly worth spending £75 on a decent replacement neck for it, which was badly needed, the frets were poor and uneven and the neck had a bit of a twist to it, so you had no choice bu stick with an uncomfortably high action.
Be interested to hear ho wyou get on with the pedal though, I think the GLX budget ones are great value and built very robust.

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1333367555' post='1600568']
as al heeley said i'd imagine it has similar innards to the harley benton, beta alvin (?) and glx models.

i've got a glx bass limiter and it does the job just fine
[/quote]

Yup, could have bought exactly the same model with a slightly different case with either GLX or Beta Alvin labels on. I got the 'chord' because it had free delivery.

well, it's here and it's not bad at all. The stacked knobs are a bit of a PITA but it's not a deal-breaker. Everything feels rock solid too, no wobbles or loose parts at all - I'll try to get some recording done over the next few days.