Why become a member? ×

cheap precision bass and soft case £50.00Yep £50.00! SOLD :-)

ziggydolphinboy

[attachment=103922:IMG_2862.jpg]hi all,
i have a cheap precision bass for sale,
its an encore bass it all works passive , neck and body ok, not bad action picked up a few years ago for my daughter to palay arounf woth
comes with soft bag
ill get pics up in morning
prob worth modifying it up
£125[attachment=103921:IMG_2859.jpg].00 ono

Edited by ziggydolphinboy

If it were mine, I would either get a pale mint green scratchplate and be done or I would go tortoiseshell scratchplate with a black pickup cover....lovely :D

*Edit*

Like this:

[url="http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/2984579/p1_ut3jqe4xx_so.jpg"]http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/2984579/p1_ut3jqe4xx_so.jpg[/url]

Edited by StraightSix

Kind of reminds me of an old Encore project I did a few years ago.
The guy I bought it off had attempted to relic it, so it needed a pretty hefty makeover...

From this ....

... to this... :D (the only original parts left are the body and neck... I even replaced the frets)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1333504313' post='1602691']
Kind of reminds me of an old Encore project I did a few years ago.
The guy I bought it off had attempted to relic it, so it needed a pretty hefty makeover...

From this ....

... to this... :D (the only original parts left are the body and neck... I even replaced the frets)

[/quote]

I remember this one. Quite some transformation.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1333529211' post='1602808']
Not quite sure I have the time, patience, skill, materials, tools or knowledge to do anything like that!

I think I'll just stick with my hardware changes for now :yarr:

Truckstop
[/quote]

Hey you never know man. That one was probably only my second ever bass project. All built just in the kitchen with hardly any tools... and now look at me. :D
Mind you, I remember your 5er relic so yeah maybe just stick to screwdriver jobs for now. :D
Looks like it'll make a great fixer-upper.

Well got it home and had a good old go on it and it's wicked! Now I can leave my BC Rich at home for gigs so I dont have to worry about it getting broken or anything.

And I think I might leave it as it is to be honest. It all looks good as it is and it sounds fine. If someone's selling some pups on here for good money I might be tempted to swap them out but otherwise I'm happy with it. I cant believe that Encore actually made pretty decent instruments, well chuffed! Certainly wasnt expecting a heavy duty well made solid wood bass with (admittedly retrofitted) good tuners and a 3-ply pickguard.

Truckstop