Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Classic Neo Cabs - SOLD

A rationalisation of my gear means I am selling the "big" Ashdown stuff.

[b]JJ500 Amplifier [color=#ff0000]SOLD[/color][/b]

UK-made with plain black face, which I believe makes it one of the orginal run of about twenty I think. A few scratches on the front by the volume knob, but they look worse in the pictures than they are. Great amp, very clean and true to the tone of the bass. The eq is powerful and the Harmonic Emphasis is great for a subtle top end zing.

£400 collected, add a used Thon 2u case for £30. UPS next day basic service (head in original box, no case) add £15.

[b]Neo 210h Cab[/b] [color=#ff0000][b]SOLD[/b][/color]

All the detail is [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=classic&ID=185"]here[/url]. Excellent overall condition, with Roqsolid cover, a couple of nicks but nothing major [s]£350[/s] £325 collected.

[b]Neo 115h Cab[/b] [color=#ff0000][b]SOLD[/b][/color]

All the detail is [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=classic&ID=186"]here[/url] (although note my cab is the shorter version, same width and depth but height the same as the 210h). Pretty much mint, with Roqsolid cover, so [s]£300[/s] £275 collected.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1334129358' post='1611138']
I asked Ashdown that very question a while back, and they confirmed that the amps are indeed the same.
[/quote]

That's not what I was told by the Ashdown rep. Leaving aside the physical difference of the illuminated 'on' button which is missing from the JJ to keep it more affordable, I was informed that the preamp is also voiced towards JJ's preference. Who really knows though...

• 1 month later...

Hmm, as you say, very subjective to describe, but obviously very loud with 500 watts going through them! Hard for me to say how they sound compared to other Ashdown cabs as I've never owned any, but what I would say is they sound good individually, the tweeters give a nice sparkle, and they both work well as stand alone cabs too. The 1x15 isn't flabby at all, nice and tight, and the 2x10 has plenty of punch and throw. Does that help at all?