Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Album Art

charic

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1333009143' post='1596003']
Not sure - I tried ringing him but not available. An educated guess? £400 upwards, but there could be significant room for negotiation if they don't have much work on at that time
[/quote]

Ouch! It's times like this I wish there were more members in the band :lol:

One idea my wife used when she was working for a conservation charity was to approach a local school/college and set a competition, with prizes, for the students to produce artwork. Obviously they had to sign over any copyright, and the winners received various items of merchandise (do you have T-shirts, CDs and such-like to use as prizes?).

The students also get the kudos of being a prize-winning artist while still at school/college - which can help them with applications to jobs, uni etc.

Win-win situation!

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1333015914' post='1596131']
One idea my wife used when she was working for a conservation charity was to approach a local school/college and set a competition, with prizes, for the students to produce artwork. Obviously they had to sign over any copyright, and the winners received various items of merchandise (do you have T-shirts, CDs and such-like to use as prizes?).

The students also get the kudos of being a prize-winning artist while still at school/college - which can help them with applications to jobs, uni etc.

Win-win situation!
[/quote]

Indeed we do and it's not a bad idea!

The only problem is our music is maybe a tad heavy to go advertising in schools. Might not go down so great :P

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1333016040' post='1596133']
The only problem is our music is maybe a tad heavy to go advertising in schools. Might not go down so great :P
[/quote]

Have you seen A-level art students? :o :D

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1333023229' post='1596283']
[url="http://www.artofkencoleman.com/"]http://www.artofkencoleman.com/[/url]

Mate of mine. does some epic work on the cheaper side of things. Sterling to euro conversion should also help lower the cost.
[/quote]

Now this is the right kinda style!

I'll drop him a message after work :D

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1333006754' post='1595971']That's a fairly good point actually. It's a good opportunity for portfolio work I suppose!

I might put an ad up at the local colleges![/quote]

When you're done could you spend a week recording bass parts for me? I can't pay you but you can use the recordings to get more work.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1333024388' post='1596303']
Now this is the right kinda style!

I'll drop him a message after work :D
[/quote]

Sound. Kens a top bloke and very easy to work with. Its worth getting his 2p either way.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1333024668' post='1596310']
When you're done could you spend a week recording bass parts for me? I can't pay you but you can use the recordings to get more work.
[/quote]

I've already done similar once on a sound engineering front. Also I'm not talking for free, we're just on a fairly tight budget.

Rough translation : [i]nener nener[/i] :P

Actually if you check recent threads I'm actually offering to mix a track for a BC'er for free if they can provide the music.

And nope, I'm not an amateur. Just been a while and need to relearn pro tools :D

Edited by charic