Why become a member? ×

Sold - Avalon U5 Direct and Pre - immaculate, £290

lozbass

I bought this around 4 months ago and have used it twice in my office (with headphones) - the unit is entirely as new and unblemished. It will be supplied with all original packing and the manual. I suspect that anybody with an interest will know exactly what the unit is and what it does - certainly among the best studio DI boxes with some gorgeous pre-sets (at least 4 of the 6 are wonderful for bass). Ultra high-end gear that will delivery fantastic results either in the studio or live. Reason for sale is simple lack of use - I'm involved in an office move and will have less space - and to be honest, I really don't need pro studio gear in my office.

The cheapest that I can see these is around £439 on DV247 - most places are charging £460-480. I'd say £290 is probably reasonable (cash on collection in central Manchester). I can ship to the UK or Europe no problem - probably around £10-15 for the UK.

I don't have images at present, however, I'll try to get some up soon - this one is the silver version - there's an image here from the Thomann site (mine looks like this - entirely brand new):

[u][color=#810081][url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/avalon_u5_mono_dipreamp.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...no_dipreamp.htm[/url][/color][/u]

Any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1332787662' post='1593150']
What are like Owen - I can remember you selling one of these not too long ago!
Come to think of it, that's the sort of thing I'd do. :)
[/quote]

What can I say? I have issues. I might even flog it again, but of everything I have tried so far it has been my fave and I want to try it again.

• 2 weeks later...