Why become a member? ×

My latest gear.

gafbass02

Thought it was about time for an update. Due to working part time/currently playing guitar (!) and having lost too many basses to credit card panic my buying and selling gas juddered to a halt. Luckily I'm very happy with what I have!
Mostly familiar faces I'm sure.
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/452a87dc.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/f544a869.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/630db33d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/a99a621a.jpg[/IMG]
The mij jazz, the cij jazz and my trusty bass master funk.
Momark 800 and ae210's and B9. All obbm cables. If I hadn't had to sell my gramma pad it would be just perfect!

what's the bassmaster funk? It looks like a spector? or the tangle wood version of the spector/wawick.

What's the transition from bass to guitar like? I have a nice guitar that I can't play, it's not getting much interest for a trade so thinking might just learn to play the thing- except I pick up a bass and can create music and pick up a guitar and just make noise. any tips?

It's exactly that. They were very briefly made by tanglewood in the early 90's not many of them about at all. I'd love to know more about them, it's made to a really high standard, concave back etc. I added the gold hardware and the inlay stickers. It's an incredible sounding bass. Probably the best of the three, and better than most if not all Warwickshire I've owned too. It's the one people always want to borrow! It's aged nicely too.
Switching to guitar has been interesting. I feel like a fraud, cause I'm a pretty decent bass player, but on guitar I'm literally just banging out power chords and rarely straying off the bottom four strings. But with carefully chosen songs and enough distortion it's not really been a problem. Learning to sing at the same time ( or indeed at all) has been a challenge. It's a laugh and a sort of 'holiday' or change of perspective. I'll always be a bassist first though. No real interest in the guitar. It's just a nessecity at the mo.:)
There's my tips lol. Only play songs you can blah and bury under a ton of distortion and feedback. ;)

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1332694613' post='1591738'] It's exactly that. They were very briefly made by tanglewood in the early 90's not many of them about at all. I'd love to know more about them, it's made to a really high standard, concave back etc. I added the gold hardware and the inlay stickers. It's an incredible sounding bass. Probably the best of the three, and better than most if not all Warwickshire I've owned too. It's the one people always want to borrow! It's aged nicely too. Switching to guitar has been interesting. I feel like a fraud, cause I'm a pretty decent bass player, but on guitar I'm literally just banging out power chords and rarely straying off the bottom four strings. But with carefully chosen songs and enough distortion it's not really been a problem. Learning to sing at the same time ( or indeed at all) has been a challenge. It's a laugh and a sort of 'holiday' or change of perspective. I'll always be a bassist first though. No real interest in the guitar. It's just a nessecity at the mo.:) There's my tips lol. Only play songs you can blah and bury under a ton of distortion and feedback. ;) [/quote]

some of the tanglewood warwickalikes seem to have been quite well built. But come one surely the blue one there is the best! :)

Electric guitar is an odd thing, very very different instrument, and very strange to suddenly have to listen for different cues in the music.

The blue jazz is just an extension of me these days. :) it's just fab. it's incredible how great that bass master is though. No tanglewood logo anywhere I just found out from some digging. It's Korean and I paid £350 in a sale about 1994/5 Ish.
Adapting to the different cues is def the trickiest part :)

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1332684439' post='1591561']
Thought it was about time for an update. Due to working part time/currently playing guitar (!) and having lost too many basses to credit card panic my buying and selling gas juddered to a halt. Luckily I'm very happy with what I have!
Mostly familiar faces I'm sure.

The mij jazz, the cij jazz and my trusty bass master funk.
Momark 800 and ae210's and B9. All obbm cables. If I hadn't had to sell my gramma pad it would be just perfect!
[/quote]Those Bergantino cabs looks STUNNING !!!! How's sound ?

Über stunning :)
Tight, focused and punchy with a real solid. '3d' depth to the sound. The top is really smooth and presentable,not brittle or quacky or over blown. I like a really complete sound not too scooped or bassy and these just present a perfectly balanced tone With very little work.
In addition to this they are a great size and weight to manage 40lbs and are beautifully made. Just a pleasure to own. One of the best purchases of any sort I've ever made.