Why become a member? ×

What do ya reckon?

Lord Sausage

Hi everyone could you please have a listen to my bands tracks. These is the first two we have recorded and we are mixing our third. I would appreciate any comments about song, mix, sounds, bass playing, singing etc. Here is the link. I ain't so great on computers so you will prob have to copy and paste it into browser, ain't too sure how to set as click links.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=asedya"]http://soundcloud.co...ltext%5D=asedya[/url]

Maybe not then! Looks like it does it for you.

Tom

Edited by Lord Sausage

[quote name='All thumbs' timestamp='1332822831' post='1593547']
Sounds pretty bloomin' awesome! Where did you record them?
[/quote]
At a place called SoundLoft in leigh, Lancashire. The geezer who runs it plays in a band called Jesus In India. He has a great ear for production and is a good lad. Doesn't bullshit, Just gets to the point.

If you are interested in recording there jus drop us a line i'll get the info for ya. I don't work there this isn't shameless pimpin

Edited by Lord Sausage

Ok, I think in terms of the mix, it is sounding very boomy. There is too much in the 100-200 Hz range in terms of frequencies I would have said. Also some of the vocal harmonies sound a bit out of tune. I suppose whoever does the backing vocals wanted to "be a hero" and not use autotune, which is fine, but in order for it to still sound decent you have to put the work in to make sure you sing it in tune in the first place.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1332934605' post='1595014']
Ok, I think in terms of the mix, it is sounding very boomy. There is too much in the 100-200 Hz range in terms of frequencies I would have said. Also some of the vocal harmonies sound a bit out of tune. I suppose whoever does the backing vocals wanted to "be a hero" and not use autotune, which is fine, but in order for it to still sound decent you have to put the work in to make sure you sing it in tune in the first place. Expecting to have decent sounding vocals without either electronic help or putting in the work to get it sounding like that naturally is imo expecting to have your cake and eat it.
[/quote]
Thanks for the opinion. I can agree with it being a bit boomy. However, to assume whoever did the backing vocals wanted to "be a hero" is incorrect. The people who did the backing vocals chose to put a b9 in the harmony. To create tension, as the basic tenets of music is tension then resolve.

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1332952207' post='1595457']
Thanks for the opinion. I can agree with it being a bit boomy. However, to assume whoever did the backing vocals wanted to "be a hero" is incorrect. The people who did the backing vocals chose to put a b9 in the harmony. To create tension, as the basic tenets of music is tension then resolve.
[/quote]

I thought you might say this. I do listen to bands like Alice in Chains so I am aware of that type of singing ;) however I do think it was slightly out of tune even so, sorry.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1332956342' post='1595541']
I thought you might say this. I do listen to bands like Alice in Chains so I am aware of that type of singing ;) however I do think it was slightly out of tune even so, sorry.
[/quote]
No need to apologise. I just better check that the autotune we use in conjunction with pro-tools is working properly. Perhaps its out of tune!