Why become a member? ×

Feeler FS/FT Darkglass Microtubes B3K *** SOLD***

mcnach

First of all, notice the word "feeler".
This is because I am not 100% sure I want to let this pedal go. I like the sounds it makes, but I am not 100% sure it suits the bands I play in and it seems a bit of an expensive box simply to use it at home. I am still undecided, but considering letting it go. I thought I'd put this up here as a feeler to see if someone has an idea that makes me go one way or the other ;)

[b]If[/b] I chose to let it go, I would probably prefer to sell it. It is immaculate, I have the box etc. I would be looking for £190 delivered.

But I can always be interested in partial/full trades either way.

I am not looking for basses. I have what I need. Although an olympic white Classic Vibe Squier jazz would tempt me. Or fiesta red, but they don't make those yet.

A John East MMSR 3-band preamp, especially 3-knob version, would be particularly tempting, for my SUB5.

I still want a dirt box if I let the B3K go... I am not looking for smooth overdrives, that section is already covered. I'm looking for something somewhat dirtier, along the lines of, or better than, my Ashdown Hyperdrive (decent pedal but I hate the large footprint).

Envelope filters always interest me. I sold my MXR one, didn't like it. The 3Leaf Audio ones sound good. The Proton one in particular sounds good and has a good footprint.

Not looking for Octave pedals really either... I didn't enjoy the MXR one, the EBS does not seem interesting... I have an OC2. But the Aguilar Octamizer looks and sounds interesting. Some others may do too.

Anyway, you get the idea.
Can you tempt me? :)

If not, I will probably just put it up for sale, once I do a couple more tests and decide whether the B3K really isn't for me.

decisions decisions...

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1332334638' post='1586769']
I will, if he decides to sell! :)
[/quote]

Well...
I had a rehearsal today and took the opportunity to try a few things... and I'm almost sure that nice as this pedal is, it is not for me.

I am going to be away for a couple of weeks, then when I return (first week in April) I have another session where I'm going to try a couple of other pedals, and I will make my final decision.
But I'm 95% sure that I'm going to let it go.

I'll get back to you then, and if you still want it, I'll be in a position to sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='paulwillson' timestamp='1333156327' post='1598313']
got hold of one last week...HOLY SH!T batman this is the real deal, all that growly bite but with NO loss of tone from my amp, cannot rate it highly enough, have a bump and KEEP IT!
[/quote]

It is a great pedal, no doubt!

But not much use for me right now live, and it seems a bit of an expensive noise box to just use it at home...

This pedal is now SOLD to Thor. :)