Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Variax Bass - SOLD

Tripehound

[b][size=6]SOLD[/size][/b]

Price reduced to £400 - seen something I like and I can't act in a patient grown-up fashion....

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=2][color=#000000]Taken a long time to decide to sell this but an uncompromising one-in one-out policy now exists and I have my eye on something else.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#000000][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=2]Up for grabs is a (rare they tell me) Line 6 Variax bass, a fantastic recording instrument that models a range of classic bass guitars, both acoustic and electric, with a couple of synths thrown in for good measure.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=2]Includes the original gig bag - one of the best I've ever seen - the cables, power adaptor, manual - the lot.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=2]The only flaw I'm aware of is a tiny blemish on the back of the neck which I've tried to photograph and which has no impact on playability or feel. Aside from that, it's pretty much immaculate - I only hesitate to say mint in case there's something utterly tiny that I've missed in the years of owning this fine instrument. It's been looked after - no dings and no 'buckle rash' that I can see (wear a shirt over your belt people).[/size] [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]£400[/b][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][size=3][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Pretty reasonable I'd say considering you will then 'own' the following:-[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][color=#000000] Pair Name Green Bank Red Bank VINJ 1961 Fender Jazz 1960 Fender Jazz (flat-wound strings) MODJ 2004 Fender Deluxe Jazz 1961 Fender Jazz Fretless PREBASS 1963 Precision Bass 1958 Precision Bass (flat-wound strings) MANTA 1977 Musicman Stingray 2003 Modulus Flea CLANG 1971 Rickenbacker 4001 1963 Rickenbacker 4001 (flat-wound strings) HOLLOW 1966 Danelectro Longhorn 1963 Hofner 500/1 (flat-wound strings) THUMP 1963 Gibson Thunderbird 1966 Gibson EB2D (flat-wound strings) MODERN 2002 MTD 535 2003 Warwick Thumb ALCHEMY 1978 Alembic Long Scale 1984 Steinberger XL2 8 & 12 1968 Hagström H8 1994 Hamer B12A ACOUSTIC Tacoma Thunderchief Kay M1 Double Bass SYNTH Mini Moog Modern Bass Synth [/color][/color]

[color=#000000][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Collection only I'm afraid - but the good news is that we're a mile from Junction 25 of the M1.[/font][/color]

Edited by Tripehound

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1332147825' post='1583771']
Might be interested - was looking for a five string but hadn't thought of this. I'm at j28 m1
[/quote]

Feel free to pop by and have a look! Don't have a bass amp at home - just a pod and a guitar amp - which would let you get a decent idea of what you would be getting. You can e-mail me direct at [email protected]......

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1333441397' post='1601611']
Wish you were nearer to me , would have had this today but due to this robbing corrupt government it would cost me about £100 in fuel plus 10 hours travel. Hope you sell it mate ;)
[/quote]

Acourier will cost about £15-20 Notes saving £80.00 which then makes the Bass a bargain

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1333441397' post='1601611']
Wish you were nearer to me , would have had this today but due to this robbing corrupt government it would cost me about £100 in fuel plus 10 hours travel. Hope you sell it mate ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the support - but Jesus - what sort of car do you drive? :) We're right next to Junction 25 of the M1 which should take about 2 hours....

Yes thanks for the offer [b][u]JAQUESLEMAC[/u].[/b] I don't have a clue what made me think you were the other side of london...I can do Derby in under 2 hours (my daughter lives in littleover) I will have a short ponder and work out the cost . I take it you are in Nottingham, I had a mate in a place called Long Eaton

Edited by pudie

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1333461360' post='1602010']
The seller has already stated pickup only and also the seller may not want the bother of packaging it up, there's also the issue of payment as there is no real secure way of doing a deal
[/quote]

Ooooops! missed that, sorry. Wallasey, I worked with Danny Murphy the Piano Man in Rumbelows...............ooooooer

Yes, I took over from Pete the Manager in 77/78 Danny, Hedley and Sue I think her name was, ran the music side, Mrs Rennie and Kim the records. You'll know Phil Caton the Drummer then! He was on the Wallasey scene. When Danny started Mersey Music he scored all the music stock at very convenient prices gave him a great start and he had a good reputation.

Yes , unfortunately Mersey Music went about 3-4 years ago. I still see Danny occasionally as he lives by me.If you took over there in 78 then that was the year I moved to Liverpool so I probably missed you.Moved back in 84 and was in a few bands (and still am) Do you remember YKICKAMOOCOW or Colonol Bogey , The Twins or the Tabasco twins? All me. By the way..if you know Hedley..you may remember a young guitar prodigy called Dave Noble?
Anyway The Variax will be picked up by me in the morning.

Edited by pudie

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1333480888' post='1602430']
Yes , unfortunately Mersey Music went about 3-4 years ago. I still see Danny occasionally as he lives by me.If you took over there in 78 then that was the year I moved to Liverpool so I probably missed you.Moved back in 84 and was in a few bands (and still am) Do you remember YKICKAMOOCOW or Colonol Bogey , The Twins or the Tabasco twins? All me. By the way..if you know Hedley..you may remember a young guitar prodigy called Dave Noble?
Anyway The Variax will be picked up by me in the morning.
[/quote]

Wasn't that Saxaphone Jones's band? No don't remember a Dave Noble guitar, you'll know Kenny Goodlass then, Jimmy Cambell (not sure if he's still with us). Well done with the Variax, I like sound modelling just can't work it. Danny Murphy Senior still playing snooker then?