Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB Series, Which cab to get?

Rollo Wood

The 115 when used on its own, I found, is one of those cabs where you feel the sound, but can`t necessarily distinguish exactly what is being played. I had that same setup, and found that the 115 increased depth and "bigness" to the sound. Worked very well for me in both a heavy rock and, and a punk band. There are definitely better 115 cabs about, but if you just want to add depth, it`s a good cab.

Another thing to think of maybe, if you like the sound of the combos 10s, why not try the MB410 cab - then you`ll have six of the same 10 inch speakers sounds. Would be a lot more focused. I`ve had the 410 as well, and it is, for me, a better cab.

I am one of those who prefers to stick to same size speakers, so would recommend the 4x10 myself. Especially if there's one for £100!

Loads of guys love mixing 10's and 15's though! Only issue with that is you always need to use the full rig or your sound will completely change.