Why become a member? ×

Hiya from recent convert!

JonnyB

Hi all,
I'm a new convert to the Bass - I've been a pro brass player for the last 20 years, but have seen the light! :huh:
I've found a great teacher thanks to this forum - Nick Carey, very well thought of - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6207"]this topic[/url]
I'd love to join a band, funk/acid jazz preferably. But methinks the world isn't ready for my 'strange noises', Ahem. :) I think it's just me and the CD player for a few months...
I'm somewhat new to this bass world, but heroes include Mr Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Bootsy Collins and Robert Trujillo. I'm sure many more will fall into my 'heroes' category in the near future, but, well, there's a limit to the amount of CDs one can buy at any one time to check them all out!
Cheers All
JonnyB.

[quote name='JonnyB' post='174101' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:31 PM']I'm somewhat new to this bass world, but heroes include Mr Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Bootsy Collins and Robert Trujillo. I'm sure many more will fall into my 'heroes' category in the near future, but, well, there's a limit to the amount of CDs one can buy at any one time to check them all out![/quote]
Blimey, thats a pretty wide cross section of styles right there! Welcome to the forum Jonnny. :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='174122' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:58 PM']Blimey, thats a pretty wide cross section of styles right there! Welcome to the forum Jonnny. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
Yep - loads of styles I listen to - I'm very broad-minded :huh: