Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass Fiesta Red £550 (SOLD)

twodinners

And there she was, gone.

Fender Jazz Road Worn Fiesta Red,

I've had this bass for nearly a year having bought it from a very nice bass chatter in response to a wanted ad. It has been my main gigging bass for that time.

Other than some self inflicted extra roadwornness, there are no issues with this bass, It's been professionally set up during my ownership and plays very nicely. I have really enjoyed getting back into the sound and feel of a sixties Fender so much so that I'm about to get something a bit special and there is really no need to hang onto this.

There was some flaking to the varnish on the back of the neck so I took some 000 wire wool to it and the next thing I know I've taken the lot off. It's actually really nice and feels just like my upright which is similarly unvarnished.

There is also quite a bit of buckle rash to the back, which is actually more like buckle dents as the finish is pretty soft. I have also through playing worn away a thumb patch at the bridge pickup.

Undoubtedly one of the best things about owning a road worn is that lovely moment when you put your first dent in it you don't have the associated moment of depression, quite the opposite actually, when you think, I did that one.

Love or hate them, Road Worns are quite something, very light and comfortable and very playable.

I have priced it to avoid any of that awkward bargaining nonsense. It comes with the original soft case and paperwork.

Collection from North London preferred but I'd happily deliver within reason for a small consideration.

As for trades, I've let slip a couple of really nice Japanese '75 Jazzes over the years and would love to find another one.

Or possibly an older Japanese Precision?

Pictures here,

[attachment=102174:IMG_0448.JPG]
[attachment=102175:IMG_0449.JPG]
[attachment=102176:IMG_0450.JPG]
[attachment=102185:IMG_0877.JPG]
[attachment=102186:IMG_0874.JPG]
[attachment=102187:IMG_0876.JPG]
[attachment=102188:IMG_0872.JPG]

And some audio can be found [url="http://twodinners.posterous.com/jam-nation"]here[/url] and at the links below.

Kevin

Edited by twodinners

I can certainly vouch for this one as being very nice, if I wasn't in a phase of culling basses I'd have already bought it back before Kev put it on here.

Best of luck with the sale, I may yet change my mind (it's been known) :)