Why become a member? ×

Stagefright - who suffers from it and how do you deal with it?

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1330868281' post='1563994']
In my previous band (in fact most of my previous bands) it was doubly difficult in that I'd written all the material, and was often singing too (lead or backing). I know that no-one notices your mistakes, but it's not about that. Nowadays as soon as I step in front of an audience it's like I'm almost paralysed. Although I haven't vomited yet so I'm one up on Ozzy and Kate Bush! :lol:
[/quote]

The way I have got rid of anxiety or fear is by asking myself 'what's the worst that could happen?'. When I answer that question I realise how absurd my anxiety is. Because the answer is..............eff all!

Try it.

• 1 month later...

Last Friday went to support some young kids who have just started playing. other members of the band were there and decided to to do an impromtu gig - justa couple or three songs from the set. Well .. I fell apart;sweaty cramped fingers;couldnt hold a note and it was allso embarrasing for me butparticularly formy band mates. I know I suffer from this badly and usually have a routine to help me get through.... streches, deepbreathing , running on the spot to get rid of nervous energy but I was too complacent and didnt do it and my was I sorry. Luckily I have supoortive band mates so it was bad and not too bad. And the moral of that tale...Preparation, Preparation, Preparation. OneLove