Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD Skyline DJ5 - £750-SOLD!

Raslee

It really agonises me to do this but needs must :( I need a car plus i'm not using the 5 string a lot at the moment and it feels criminal to have this beauty sitting in its case when it needs to be played. It will probably be the best bass i have ever owned as it phenomenal in every way but then i guess a lot of you already know how good these DJ5's are. I know i will regret parting with this one.

Soooo.... we have my Lakland Daryl Jones skyline 5 string, 2006, Aero picks ups (amazing!), strap locks and padded strap, Hiscox case, Black Sparkle (A bit like a metallic black-very pretty), 35 inch scale for that legendary tight Lakland B string, Hipshot tuners. Low action and plays like sex (Sorry thats the only think i could think of :rolleyes: )

It has a few typical gigging dinks here and there, this bass has been used and is a real work horse let alone probably one of the best passive 5 string jazz basses out there in my opinion. So if your after a pristine show piece then look elsewhere but there is nothing that affects playability, just typical gigging dinks that were on it when i received it from another basschatter.

Looking mainly for a cash sale, bank transfer is best. Happy to post/courier as long as costs are covered in the final price - i will get the wife to extra bubble wrap etc etc.

Selling for less than i paid - so £750 + P&P

.....Right where are those tissues :(

I'm also selling a Barefaced Dubster cab - See amp/cabs section.

[i]Could i guess trade for VW Golf/Polo, Peugeot 306 or similar....looking for a cheap under £1K run around - must be diesel too, ideally an estate - can add a bit of cash if needs be....if this bit is against the rules then my apols mods...feel free to delete. [/i]

[i][/i]

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='jonno1981' timestamp='1330867389' post='1563972']
I don't suppose you originally bought this second hand from someone in Reading did you? I just wonder if this used to belong to me! I had a DJ5 I sold with a hiscox case and I swapped the pickguard to a tort one.
[/quote]

Haha it could well be. I got it from Si last year.

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='jonno1981' timestamp='1330982973' post='1565913']
Ha. I bet it is my old one. I've just found a white scratchplate for a DJ5 which I never thought to include when I sold it on before. If your buyer wants it just let me know and I can send it out.
[/quote]
Nice one mate, I'll ask the new buyer.

SOLD FOLKS