Why become a member? ×

sold off forum!!

lee650

[attachment=101593:WarwickFront.jpg][attachment=101594:WarwickBack.jpg][attachment=101595:WarwickSide.jpg][attachment=101596:WarwickGrain.jpg]

Hi everybody

I am currently selling this wonderful Warwick thumb 6 NT on behalf of a friend, it is a 2005 model featuring a bubinga pommele body wings/top, multi laminate ovangkol neck, ebony fingerboard, two MEC soapbars and a 3 band MEC circuit with push/pull active/passive.
This bass has been well loved and owned from new, condition wise it has a few dings on the front of the body and one scratch on the back, usual playing wear really, and the black metal knobs are not pristine but dont crackle, there are no neck issues and the barrel jack works perfectly.
Although a six string isnt something i normally play, ive found the neck very comfortable and as a long time user of various warwick basses i was very pleasantly surprised at how slim the neck is, soundwise it has a very woody growl to it, very clear and focussed and a smoother top end compared to the streamers ive always played, probably due to warmer sounding woods in the construction.

*PLEASE NOTE*
I sat down with this bass the other day and had a really good look and discovered that it has suffered from a very common issue with the just a nut 2, the nut is held in place by two small pieces of wood which eventually snap, the nut still works perfectly although it will come loose when you take the strings off, the pressure from the strings holds the nut in place securely.
As his may be an issue for some ( my old streamer jazzman did the same thing, i just replaced it with the just a nut 3, and it was great) i have advised my freind to reduce the price, i will get the nut replaced with a just a nut 3 for an asking price of £1650, or if your happy to still use the original nut and dont mind that it may come loose i will let this go for £1550 including UK delivery( i will negotiate any foreign delivery), it comes with a premium warwick gig bag, please PM for any further information
Thanks loads

[attachment=101143:100_0335.JPG][attachment=101144:100_0336.JPG][attachment=101145:100_0338.JPG][attachment=101146:100_0340.JPG][attachment=101147:100_0343.JPG][attachment=101148:100_0346.JPG][attachment=101149:100_0344.JPG]

Edited by lee650

Was way ahead mate, I was actually getting some better pics sorted, you were right the last ones were temporary as my camera is very basic and they were taken in daylight -lol
Hope you like them, does this stunning bass a bit mire justice.
Cheers all :)

• 2 weeks later...

This bass is no longer available, as is being sold to a shop by the owner , a damn shame someone would gave got a bargain :( will close this ad as soon as I can get to a proper pc and not this pesky iPhone.