Why become a member? ×

Daft question time

fatboyslimfast

Ok, before I get shot down in flames, this is only a hypothetical.

Lets say (because it's the truth) that I have three practice amps. All around the 15-25 watt mark.

None have line outs, but all have headphone outs.

If I modify the headphone sockets (or run another socket from the headphone feed) so that it doesn't cut the power amp section when a patch lead is inserted, could I daisy-chain them together to get all three working at once? Like a mini, crap-looking stack with 75ish watts? Am I going to run into any issues doing this?

Or would I be being daft and would be more sensible spending £75 on a cheap 15" combo or similar...

Any thoughts, (or flames actually - it's been a slow day), welcome.

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1329413522' post='1542172']
Something like a TNT might be an upgrade, but the real question here is: why do you want a new amp? Or more accurately: what do you want your new amp to do that your current one can't?
[/quote]

^^^^
THIS

Do you play in a band & how loud do you need it to go? Go & try some gear out in your local music shop (that should get the gas started :P ).

Think it's probably just AGAS. I'm getting to the point where I'm about ready to start playing with other people now (need to get out there rather than being a spare-room-bassist), and didn't think a 25w practise amp would be enough...

...and (if I'm being more honest) didn't want to turn up to anything looking like the newbie who has bought a £100 starter "kit" of bass and little amp!

Maybe I'll take a trip to the talent store before worrying about the amp!!

If you're off out to play, then check what sort of stuff you want to play & if you need more to be heard above the drummer (if there's one).
I've gigged with a 30w 1x12 combo & no PA (although it wasn't a deafening gig & the combo was giving it yeehah).