Why become a member? ×

Electric Mandolin, solid body by John Marlow

Lovely solid mahogany, with ebony fingerboard made by John Marlow in West Yorkshire. Single magnetic pickup, with volume and passive tone controls. Takes ball end strings and comes in oversized hard case, as shown in photos.

Looking for £250 collected from Bristol/Bath area. I'm reluctant to ship this - partly due to the hassle of using couriers, but also because its got a one piece mahogany neck/angled headstock. Its a headstock break waiting to happen!

Pics to follow in a minute when I've remembered how to do it......edit for pics.

[attachment=100085:P1000566.JPG] [attachment=100086:P1000565.JPG]

Any questions, please let me know...

Edited by BassBod

Hi surfguy,

Nut looks to be 31mm in width. It could be posted...its got a hard case, so well packed and double boxed it should be ok, but I've had a few things bashed around by couriers in the past and it would be a shame to see this nice instrument lose its head. I've seen a few one piece mahogany necks with repairs.

Again, I'd like to give it a few days and see what other interest (hopefully fairly local) there is.....

cheers

BB

Hi BB

Thanks for that....nut width is perfect. Last mando had a 30mm nut and it was a touch tight.

Totally understand re shipping but if the case was packed out with bubble wrap I can't see it getting damaged. It's normally the heavier packages that seem to cop it. It's a pain waiting in for couriers having said that so point taken. I'm happy to arrnage shipping if that would help?

Anyway, good luck locally but I'll have it if you draw a blank and are happy to resort to shipping it!! :)

Cheers

SurfG