Why become a member? ×

Sonuus B2M bass-to-MIDI converter ** SOLD **

I've had a lot of fun experimenting with this but ultimately haven't been able to adjust my playing technique sufficiently to be able to use it as a live midi/synth trigger which is what I had in mind.

It's an interesting bit of kit and well worth experimenting with if you have ideas of triggering midi/synth sounds. Be aware though that some things work better than others.

It's extremely sensitive to playing technique (eg. striking cleanly and consistently, damping strings to prevent false notes triggering) and the sounds your triggering also need to be very carefully set up (eg. for note range, velocity sensitivity etc).

I got best results with simple/slow moving lines or percussive patterns. Depending on what synth your using, this alone can generate some hugely impressive sounds. I'm using a Proteus 2000 module - it's a wierd feeling playing a single note and hearing an orchestra!

It's not so good for fluid playing and fast runs. At least not with my playing technique, you may do better!

As a way to explore another side to your bass though it's a great little gizmo and well worth an experimental punt.

This one is in pristine condition complete with original box and instructions etc. See pics below.

Price is £55 delivered (UK only)

[attachment=99954:P1040213.jpg]
[attachment=99955:P1040220.jpg]
[attachment=99956:P1040221.jpg]
[attachment=99957:P1040222.jpg]

Edited by ikay

Has anyone had any experience with using one of these as a kinda 'notator' - I mean, firstly for just recording bass lines as MIDI parts but then also using it to 'score' with. I appreciate it won't be clever enough to work out positions on the neck for 'tabs' but wondered how it faired for just getting a line down in MIDI?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1329260552' post='1539888']
Has anyone had any experience with using one of these as a kinda 'notator' - I mean, firstly for just recording bass lines as MIDI parts but then also using it to 'score' with. I appreciate it won't be clever enough to work out positions on the neck for 'tabs' but wondered how it faired for just getting a line down in MIDI?
[/quote]

Dood, I haven't tried this but, as with the midi triggering, I expect results would vary depending on the bassline. It should work for relatively simple lines played cleanly but would fare less well with more complex stuff, fluid patterns and fills etc.

• 2 weeks later...