Why become a member? ×

JACK BRUCE on TV.....

Jazzneck

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1329243761' post='1539525']
I'm in that minority too.
Still have my battered 64 EB3, but like to use my Epiphone Elite (with original humbucker fitted for nostalgia) nowadays.

The minority is growing.
[/quote]

I have a 1964 Gibson EB-O, but hope to add a Gibson EB-3 and Epi like yours some day.

A great progamme, well worth a watch.
Did he really need those two Hartke rigs in that studio? No wonder the other musicians were looking slightly nervous!

For me, the bits interviewing Ginger nearly stole the show. On the evidence we saw it seems such a shame that a man with his CV and who has been at the top of his profession remains bitter. It could all have been an act for the cameras though.

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1329237115' post='1539349']
Going to watch it tonight or tomorrow - I also saw him at a local venue( Chequers Niteclub) my memory was that it was the drummer from Blondie who played with him then - I reckon it was the early '80's too. he was making jokes about California - The Sunshine Village -an ex mining village closeby!!
[/quote]

Donnyboy,
Check Jack's website and select the tours where he has a "past tours" section with all his dates and who played then.
1983 was the year and as you say Falkirk was same tour as Heathery Bar. Drummer was Bruce Gary who played with The Knack. Remember My Sharona.

This site is worth looking through -= when you see the number of tours and gigs done in his early days no wonder he was so fantastic live.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

I thought it was ok, but just that. The reworkings were good, but the drawn out animosity between Baker and Bruce (or rather Baker and the whole world) I found wearing and was not exactly news. I would have rather had Jack talk a bit more about our shared instrument, his approach, why what appears to be exclusively fretless use, that kind of thing, not more tired Cream tales.