Why become a member? ×

Cheapy eBay sixer

neepheid

Has anyone had a go of one of these?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=360039616336"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=360039616336[/url]

If so, can someone tell me the neck dimensions of it? Such a question seems to be a little beyond the comprehension of the seller, who I have asked several times with no reply :)

Nut width
Neck width @ 24th fret
String spacing/spread at bridge

Yes, for the sake of just over a hundred quid some might say I should just have a punt, but seeing as I'm only interested in the neck I'd rather buy something suitable straight from the off.

they look pretty tidy for the price,
BEWARE though! its importing from germany so you'll have to pay import tax and VAT on it.

I nearly bought a few things off that ebay seller but it always put me off with importing it. they have a nice see thru 5 string for about £100, looks really quirky (but prob sounds like ****) still might get one though to add to the collection.

I have a friend who has one of these... Sound is quite nice, but string spacing is quite tight. Probably 16.5mm or something like that. Depends if you can get along with something that narrow. Seems only I complain about that sort of thing, especially on the 5-string OLP's!

And no, there's no import duty on shipping items from EU countries. VAT should be included in the price.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='172069' date='Apr 8 2008, 10:23 AM']I have a friend who has one of these... Sound is quite nice, but string spacing is quite tight. Probably 16.5mm or something like that. Depends if you can get along with something that narrow. Seems only I complain about that sort of thing, especially on the 5-string OLP's!

And no, there's no import duty on shipping items from EU countries. VAT should be included in the price.[/quote]

Oh, that is good news - I intend to butcher one for the neck to make it into a nice fat, wide necked 5 with 19-20mm spacing :)

Could I possibly ask you to ask your friend to find out the measurements I require? I'd be ever so grateful.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='172243' date='Apr 8 2008, 02:19 PM']thought VAT had to be paid by the buyer when it gets shipped.[/quote]
No, VAT is an EU-wide tax (though the rates are set by individual countries) and is charged at the point of purchase. And a minor point of the EU, and a major point of the EEC and Common Market before it, was to abolish trade tariffs (although there are certain things, like alcohol and tobacco duty, that are still payable on items purchased in quantity, aka "you're taking the piss").