Why become a member? ×

TC Helicon Voicelive Play GTX

markstuk

OK.. Had a play.... Vocal effects are top notch as you would expect.. On first pass though the guitar effects are thin and nasty (and noisy) on bass anyway.. This may be down to my idiot misconfiguration so I'll keep going.... One big whinge though... TC provide a lovely bit of firmware/patch management software that only allows you to backup/rename/delete patches but not their settings... I'm led to believe this is a TC "product management" decision as apparently editing patch settings is a high end thing...

Yup one of my guitards has the VE-20... Like you he's found it works best when using it "toned down" and only uses it for vocal thickening.. .. The voicelive also has internal mics to sense the key, and I'm still not sure that using "roomsense" only is any worse than tracking the bass input...

So at the moment I would suggest that the "GTX" extra over the standard Voicelive is a bit of a gimmick.. And I'm still annoyed by the "feature restricted" patch management...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1329004775' post='1536057']
I have a Boss VE-20 and it's great fun. Doesn't have guitar thru so you set it for what key you are in.

Good quality sounds, as long as you bin the over the top presets.
[/quote]

I`m still favouring the rack version of this as I reckon I can change patches on it via my Boss GT6 and not have two pedals knocking about.
I also like the feature that allows you to send an FX aux to it so others can access the delays and verbs etc, but the harmonies stay on the one mic.
Looks like TC have it sorted though

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update...

Now got the FX sounding reasonable after tweaking the very poorly documented options... Hate the fact that plugging something into the "Instrument Thru" jack disables instrument FX... Don't like the fact I can only choose canned FX as well.. And still don't like the VoiceSupport software which is irritatingly under featured