Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Ashdown Klystron 410 combo

Kelso

For sale Ashdown Classic Klystron C410H-500. 575 watt combo amp with 4x10' speakers + horn. Used condition - I bought as an ex demo so it has been around the block a bit. A few scuffs here and there and the volume and gain pots could do with a clean but all round a great amp in good working order. I keep buying big amps but then soon get sick of lugging them around! They just look so cool though! And this one in particular sounds magic - especially with the sub harmonic. I would like £500 for it. Can't really say fairer than that. I'll take some pics if there is any interest. Here's a link for specs: http://www.electromusic.co.uk/Ashdown-Classic-Klystron-C410H-500.html

I live in Edinburgh. Feel free to come demo the amp. Cheers, Kelso

Edited by Kelso

Ampeg, Fender, Ashdown? I can see you buying one of them new fangled micro amps next time around. I bought a TC Electronic Classic 450 which came with it's own wee handbag. But in the end I decided the sound I got from it was a bit sterile for me and I swopped it for an Ashdown ABM which is twice the weight but has the sound I'm looking for. I did keep the TC Electronic 2x12 cab though, which is very light and together they give me a great sound and decent portability.

If you have the cash I'd recommend a barefaced cab which is very, very loud and so light you can carry it with one hand and it has a retro look too.

Good luck with the sale.

Edited by gjones

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of these (C410H-500), not many of them seem to be abt, I think the Klystron range was bit of a limited Anniversary / Classic edition.

Its the Neodymium speakers which sets these apart from the standard ABM Ashdowns, my god they are really good, you can just keep turning the thing up and she wants more! I can vouch and say they sound awesome.
You get a decent valve drive, eq, sub & compressor as well.

I went out and paid £200 for a custom flight case - the classic style tolex can get dinged and scratched when carrying about, I did a couple on mine then decided fork out the for the case.
If you contact ashdown directly they will sell you the tolex to replace / fix if required.

Good to hear other people think there good - I love mine and £500 here is a good price,.

Mikey.

Edited by baseline9

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers folks.

Aye, it's a great amp. The only negative is the weight - it weighs about the same as I do! Lifting your own body weight up two flights of stairs is not fun.

It looks so darn nice though - thinking about just keeping it in the flat as eye candy.

I think I have finally decided that Ashdown is the sound for me. I have an electric blue 1x15 combo, a recently aquired ABM 2x10 combo and the Klystron 4x10 combo. I'm trying to justify keeping all three - an amp for any eventuality is what I keep telling myself!

Also, I have three bass guitars so if I got rid of one of the amps then surely that would ruin my equilibrium? . . haha

Well if you Sell your 4x10 combo you would then be able to buy my 1x15 Klystron Cab with neodynium speaker (ie lightweight) for the ultimate Ashdown stack.

Mucho cheapness [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=186"]http://www.ashdownmu...tail.asp?ID=186[/url]

Edited by gjones

You're not wrong there Gareth.

Tell me, will my constant pursuit (actually, 'weakness' is probably a more appropriate term!) for different gear ever end? haha

No, I'm happy with what I have (for now!). Will just leave this add up to gauge interest (even though I might not even sell!)