Why become a member? ×

Micro heads that go below 4ohm (other than TC RH)

aldude

I have a TC Electronic RH450, which happily works with a 4 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab ... total impedance 2.67 ohms. They are Barefaced cabs :yarr:

I often like to try new things, and would maybe like to try another head, but would like to keep my 2 cabs.

Are there any lightweight/micro heads out there that are confirmed rated to 2.67 ohms or below? (TC have released specs that show they can handle all the way down to 2 ohms but I don't think that info is widely available - it's on BC somewhere though!)

[size=4]As long as there is a send/return on the back you can daisy chain amps. [/size]

[size=4]These micro amps are so light (and cheap) that you could put 2 in a rack and link them to each other driving either 1 or 2 cabs each. This way you have a permanent backup amp and can mix 4 ohm and 8 ohm cabs in a rig.[/size]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1327939658' post='1519111']
[size=4]As long as there is a send/return on the back you can daisy chain amps. [/size]

[size=4]These micro amps are so light (and cheap) that you could put 2 in a rack and link them to each other driving either 1 or 2 cabs each. This way you have a permanent backup amp and can mix 4 ohm and 8 ohm cabs in a rig.[/size]
[/quote]

Thats an intresting idea. I've not considered that before.

[quote name='geoffbassist' timestamp='1327944672' post='1519215']
Thats an intresting idea. I've not considered that before.
[/quote]

TC actually give this as an example of how to use their amps (see p16 of the US manual, for example). It's like "hey, buy more of our amps!"

Not considered using this method for any other amps though, but these things aren't cheap so buying just one head instead of two would be preferred! Still, a Markbass F500+F1...