Why become a member? ×

Vantage VP900B. Very rare 24 fret thru neck Matsumoku bass £375 ono

mikhay77

Uber rare Vantage. Proper 24 fret thru neck,lovely fret markers.All brass knobs and hardware,double P Dimarzio's. The active circuit is similar to the Westone thunder 3 which I had and the neck like a Aria SB elite.Only thing that dosnt work is the led telling you the active is on. Non original parts are the truss rod cover,one brass tone sweep knob ( But nearly matches ) and I had to replace one of the toggle switches due to end snapping. Plays great,low action and has a array of sounds from the active circuit. The control knobs are Volume,tone and active sweep. Small toggles are active,phase and tap. ( I think ) Plus large toggle for Pup selections. There are a few chips in the laquer on the edges but not too bad for a 31 year old bass. Cant really gauge price as never seen one for sale but comparable to the above guitars so around,price drop £375ono I guess. Sorry for the poor pics[attachment=98437:Vantage 900 body.jpg][attachment=98438:Vantage 900 full body.jpg][attachment=98439:Vantage 900 rear body.jpg][attachment=98440:Vantage 900 rear.jpg][attachment=98441:Vantage neck close.jpg][attachment=98442:Vantage rear headstock.jpg][attachment=98444:Vantage 12th fret markers.jpg]

Edited by mikhay77

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1327858546' post='1517766']
Can I ask where you read pickups are DiMarzio?
[/quote]
On the Matsumoku website,Under the Vantage forum. Says they were made under licence.Sorry should have put allegedly! There were a few basses from that era with em fitted.I remember taking some out of a late seventies Hondo.I could be wrong.