Why become a member? ×

Best way to ship bass to Europe???

Rick's Fine '52

Some help needed!

Despite regularly buying basses from both Europe and the US, I've never shipped anything myself outside the UK. I'm currently selling a bass, and had an enquiry from Germany, and they've asked how much for insured shipping. Not only do i have no idea about cost, but i wouldnt know the best company to use.

I'm guessing Parcelforce would be pricey, especially with insurance.

Any good couriers out there who do Europe, and if so, how do they collect.

The courier i use in the UK, only does UK

Anyone with any experience, good or bad??

Thanks in advance.

I just sold a really nice P bass to someone in Belgium. Super smooth deal. I used parcel2go.com. The actual courier was UPS. They collected it and left me with the tracking number and I tracked it all the way to his front door.
Cost was approx £30 uninsured and £70 insured.
Have a look on their website for an accurate quote.
I would def recommend them

It's probably still worth giving Parcelforce a call. When I've sent stuff over from France, I use a French company called GLS. They have a reciprocal arrangement with Parcelforce and I'd guess that Parcelforce will have a similar arrangement with a German courrier. I've had no problems.

If you want a more recognised international outfit, then UPS but they're likely to be slightly more expensive. As with everything, you get what you pay for.

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1327696568' post='1515673']
I just sold a really nice P bass to someone in Belgium. Super smooth deal. I used parcel2go.com. The actual courier was UPS. They collected it and left me with the tracking number and I tracked it all the way to his front door.
Cost was approx £30 uninsured and £70 insured.
Have a look on their website for an accurate quote.
I would def recommend them
[/quote]

Thats brilliant, thanks very much, i'll check it out.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1327696926' post='1515682']
It's probably still worth giving Parcelforce a call. When I've sent stuff over from France, I use a French company called GLS. They have a reciprocal arrangement with Parcelforce and I'd guess that Parcelforce will have a similar arrangement with a German courrier. I've had no problems.

If you want a more recognised international outfit, then UPS but they're likely to be slightly more expensive. As with everything, you get what you pay for.
[/quote]

Thanks very much, i'll definitely try them too.