Why become a member? ×

Hi from Dublin

mal2404

Hey All,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, just joined yesterday and Im really impressed with the forum so far - great range of discussion sections and threads plus all the temptations to lie in the classifieds area!!

I'm from Dublin and have been playing since circa '86. I was in a few bands back in the day and was lucky enough to be able to get some recordings out there also. When I stopped playing full time and began the day job I didnt pick up a bass again for about 6 years or so (I know criminal!) - I suppose I was just trying to remove the temptation of just wanting to play bass for a living and develop another career. (I'm over that now! :) and glad to say that I;m back in the saddle!!!)

Current basses are: 1989 G&L Asat (All natural) / 1985 EBMM Stingray (Black) / Ibanez Acoustic. Though the [b]Asat [/b]is probably going [b]on sale[/b] very soon.

Inspired by the usual greats - Jamerson / Babbitt / Entwhistle / JP Jones / Family Man Barrett / Jack Bruce / Duck Dunn / Geddy Lee / Nathan East/ Stanley Clarke/ Marcus Miller / Jaco - etc (big motown & sou/r&B fan)

Right now Im trying to get that "left hand" working again :) - Man I should have spent more time working on those scales and excercises when I was younger 'cause now it feels like I have just picked up the bass for the first time!

Anway, hope to get alot from this forum and maybe even contribute aswell.

Thanks all.

Thanks guys for the welcome, I'm loving the forum - spent a long time yesterday on the technique section reading some great advice to ensure that I dont re learn (or fall back into) some old bad habits. Back practising every day now and loving it - even the scales (well to a certain extent :) )
Picked up a beautiful MIM Fender Jazz 70's Classic over the weekend - she's a real beauty and plays like a dream.
Thanks for the welcome, best Mal.