Why become a member? ×

Hungarian Golden Strad 3/4 for sale (1970,s ?)

Bought this double bass early last year here on basschat and have had quite a bit of work done to it to bring it into great playing condition by Jan at Chapel Allerton Stringed Instruments in Leeds.
March 2011 following work was done : shoot and finish fingerboard, shape and respace top nut, remove/refit and ease tuning machines,fit new soundpost,fit new Sure-Lock tailwire,fit new Aubert Deluxe adjustable bridge, reposition endpin, setup with Spiro weich strings, revive varnish, total invoice £350
I then played it for a bit to make sure i was happy before having more work done and in April 2011 the following work was done: fit Full Circle pickup, glue loose seam, cosmetic work to fill and colour edges and ebonise fingerboard (putting blackstuff on fingerboard to you and me) plus one of them ball end things on end of endpin. total invoice £145
Invoice for Full circle pickup £185
Also in April bought Westbury Plus padded Double Bass case (22mm padding) invoice £124
Altogether with original purchase price of doublebass of £400 plus price of Spiros comes to about £1300
also in sale is doublebass stand and Ed Friedland doublebass jazz upright bass dvd
Selling for £1100 cash, its in great condition, sounds and looks like a proper doublebass , its laminate back and sides and solid wood top, only blemish is the fingerboard finish( not the fingerboard !) has started to wear in couple of places with quite a bit of use which is easily touched up if you want it to look blemish free .

Also have Acoustic Image contra3 with mooradian gig bag which is between 3-4 years old, perfect working condition, bought it off basschat about a year ago and was told it was 2 and half years old, paid £675 for it, selling for £575 cash.
havent taken any photos yet, but will very soon, if anyone wants to speak about items my home is 01977 780818, mob 07760444339 items are located in Pontefract , West Yorkshire, Jez