Why become a member? ×

Sold : 1960 Custom Shop Jazz Bass

paulie

Hi

Up for grabs is my 1960 Custom Shop Jazz Bass from Fender

The bass is a relic model.

Its a beautiful instrument with great checking on the finish (difficult to capture on camera) The neck also has a little bit of flame on the maple finish which looks great.

Neck is lovely and smooth with low fast action

The bass is in perfect condition, all marks were placed there by the experts at the Fender Custom Shop

Its a rare bass as very few were made in this colour.

I have the Custom Shop Cert, cable and all tags for the bass.

I dont have the original case but it will be supplied with a fitted flight case (by which I mean a foam fitted case with butterfly clips, metal corners and metal edging etc - think big touring acts)

Thanks

Edited by paulie

[quote name='paulie' timestamp='1326888667' post='1503196']
The cert reads 1960 Jazz Bass
I know that stack knobs were usually the norm for this period but the custom shop produced this particular model with the normal vol vol tone controls.
[/quote]
Thanks, thought it was a bit odd

I think I may have played this one & seen the certificate which definitely says 1960 & I seem to remember matched the bass serial number.

I thought it was odd that it had the later period tone setup but hadn't considered that that's the whole point of a 'Custom' Shop - you can order what you like!

Are the tuners reverse winding?

Thanks, yes as you say cert and serial number match up.
The neck also has some nice tiger flame in the maple, particularly up towards the nut.
Tuners are reverse, and despite their relic'd appearance, they are perfectly smooth.