Why become a member? ×

I've just bought a Trace Elliot GP7...SM300 7210H, I think?

iconic

I bought a Trace combo last night off Fleabay, here she is, decribed as a :-
[b] Trace Elliot GP7-SM 300 watt 2x10" Bass Combo[/b]

serial number is T0451/00424...does make it a GP7 SM 300 7210H?

Always wanted a Trace as I'm so shallow I simply like the colours and I'm old enough to remember seeing Mark King with Trace back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and hey they were the 1st bass amp I ever took notice of.

This combo was a 'buy it now' and I thought,now that looks like a bit of value, it had only been on Fleabay a few minutes.....for this money I could use it as a shelf for my beer!

anyway, what can I expect......pile of tinny overheating rattling crap or sublime bassness, I should add I have very low standards that I fail to live up to but really like my Peavey TNT115 BW!

Anyway, I'm guesing it's a.... GP7 (7 band graphic), SM 300 (Sound Management) with watts 300 RMS, with 2 x 10" driver's and the H means it has a horn to boot, ohh and the red stripe means it must be a fast one ;)

cheers guys

Edited by iconic

Dear Sir, May i interest you a lovely 2x10" to accompany such a speedy machine, comes with potential as - A. Wine rack, B. Spirit shelf, C. Very Sturdy box for use of your choice, D. double your noise level of "slap to ""lessons in love" ratio" and turn the combo into a classic 4x10 but a lot easier to move..

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165131-trace-elliot-2x10-cab/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/165131-trace-elliot-2x10-cab/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

Edited by jjay69

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1326787324' post='1501809']
I bought a Trace combo last night off Fleabay, here she is, decribed as a :-
[b] Trace Elliot GP7-SM 300 watt 2x10" Bass Combo[/b]

serial number is T0451/00424...does make it a GP7 SM 300 7210H?

(...)[/quote]

Indeed it is! I had one, a bit lacking on the low side but great tone and very loud! (also very heavy!...)

I had the separate head of this for years, served me well, hundreds of gigs it did... the odd overheating issue but that was probably my fault more than the amps! Corking sound... this is one of the newer versions to mine tho. £120 is a steal!

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1326841484' post='1502808']
£120 is a steal!
[/quote]

Especially given the price of this... exactly the same, no?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trace-Elliot-7210-SMC-300watt-GP7-bass-combo-/170760783331?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item27c222c5e3