Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Rig of Doom - Ampeg / Mesa with pics ALL NOW SOLD

steve

So I've gradually accumulated this monster rig, which sounds incredible with my indie rock covers band, but I'm now playing DB in a 50's style Chicago Blues Band as well and as a consequence need a rig with a more retro vibe. Can't afford to have two rigs on the go, so I'm unfortunately going to have to sell this to fund it's replacement. The rig consists of

[s]DBX 266 XL -[/s] [color=#ff0000]£40 NOW SOLD[/color]
[s]Ampeg SVT II P preamp[/s] - [color=#ff0000]£250 - NOW SOLD on ebay[/color]
in a Boschma 2U rack Case (couple of holes drilled in the top where I had some cable ties in) - [color=#ff0000]£40[/color]

[s]Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 stereo power amp[/s] - [color=#ff0000]£400 - NOW SOLD on ebay[/color]
[s]Touring grade (ie heavy) shockmount 4U case with integral power strip[/s] - [color=#ff0000]£120 - NOW SOLD privately[/color]

[s]Mesa Boogie 1x18 cab (speaker replaced[/s]) - [color=#FF0000]£20[/color][color=#ff0000]0 NOW SOLD[/color]
and 1 (or 2 if i'm feeling precoscious!) BFM Omni 10.5s - [color=#ff0000]£225ea[/color]

It sonically dwarfs my two guitarists rigs (Boogie Dual Rectifier Combo with 4x12 extension cab and a Line6 Something-or-other with 4x12 extension cab) and miked up drums if needed, and is chest thumpingly load and deep. I'd love to keep hold of it, and am currently trying to find ways to do so, but nothing so far.

The prices listed are what I paid for the items (mainly from here) and what I'd like to get back for them - except for the Omni's which were built by me and while I [i]have[/i] added a price, I won't be dissapointed if they don't go and won't be pushing their sale particularly.

Prices don't include postage (where that's an option). I'm happy to split but If someone wanted to buy the whole lot in one go or multiple items, I can knock some off the combined price.

[attachment=97472:IMAG0436.jpg]

That's the only pic I have at the moment, I'll get some decent ones up asap

Edited by steve

[quote name='craigcapener' timestamp='1326735828' post='1501293']
Ahh mate, would love to have that preamp off ya but im strapped at the mo!

Good luck with the sale. I will be keeping an eye just in case I come into some good luck.
[/quote]

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate ;)

Hi Steve, your preamp is an SVT IIP, not an SVP II.

I own an SVT IIP, the same model as yours and have owned the later SVP II and I can honestly say that the SVT IIP (yours) is a much, much better sounding piece of kit. These things are amazing and your price is great too. I would love the Strategy, is it Steve's old one?

Good luck with the sale.

Anyone who buys this pre will be very pleased.

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1326743262' post='1501455']
Hi Steve, your preamp is an SVT IIP, not an SVP II.

I own an SVT IIP, the same model as yours and have owned the later SVP II and I can honestly say that the SVT IIP (yours) is a much, much better sounding piece of kit. These things are amazing and your price is great too. I would love the Strategy, is it Steve's old one?

Good luck with the sale.

Anyone who buys this pre will be very pleased.
[/quote]

Thanks Steve, I'll amend it - that's what I get for rushing (as usual)

I got the Strategy from Umph, it was up for sale around the same time as Ste's. It works really well with Ampeg pre

finally managed to get down to the rehearsal room to get some pics done. Nothing is powered up yet as we had a gig last saturday and we've not set everything back up, but at least you can see the gear :)

pics on flickr - [url="http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyadFFZ"]http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyadFFZ[/url]

and one to whet your appetites
[attachment=97782:IMAG0502.jpg]

I'll add some more comprehensive descriptions later

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1327071380' post='1506050']
PMd about the 266
[/quote]

replied :)
[quote name='theotherphiljones' timestamp='1327088654' post='1506406']
this is beautiful bump
[/quote]

thank you :)

[quote name='ROBBIE' timestamp='1327850346' post='1517612']
Hi Steve is the pre still up for sale.

Regards
Robbie.
[/quote]

Hi Robbie, the ebay auction is still running, so I'll let that run its course and see if it makes the reserve. If it doesn't, then yes its still for sale :)