Why become a member? ×

1994 Warwick Fortress one 5 string NOW SOLD!!!

andyonbass

With great reluctance I am offering this brilliant workhorse of a bass for sale, - I just cant get to grips with the string spacing :(
Its a proper german one, usual Warwick refinements, ie , Just-a-nut adjustable nut, 2 piece bridge, recessed straploks, MEC pickups and circuit which combined with the maple body and wenge neck, allow the typical Warwick growl to cut through the mix with great clarity and articulation, (it also does Dub and everything in between) Judging by the wear at the popping finger position, it probably also does slap pretty well too! Talking of wear, this is nearly eighteen years old and has seen some service and bears a few marks, the aforementioned wear from popping (see photo), some minor belt rash, one small ding on the back of neck on the treble
side, (which isn't noticable in play), and the general cosmetic marks you would expect from an instrument of this age. . This feels a very solid instrument, average weight, the action can get very low if thats your preference, balances perfectly and is ready to earn its keep!
I got this fairly recently, in a trade deal as I have always liked the sound of Warwicks and admired the German quality and this has exceeded my expectations in that respect, its just the string spacing!!
I'm asking £450 for it, I would prefer collection as I dont have a case for it and I'm sure any potential buyer would like to try it out first

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='Skezza' timestamp='1326881651' post='1503067']
I assume this is the active one. I am looking for a corvette without any luck and could be tempted. Could you run me through the controls
skez
[/quote]

Yes it is active, although it has a pull option on the Volume control for passive mode. The controls are Volume as above, Bass (cut/boost I presume) Treble (ditto) and pickup blend.

PM'd!

[quote name='5thread' timestamp='1326914593' post='1503754']
Just a quick question could you tell me the string spacing andy cheers.
[/quote]

According to my unscientific ruler measurement, I'd say about 17mm at the bridge. [Edit} Just checked the Warwick web site and it says 16.5mm

[quote name='AndThenSome1' timestamp='1326916463' post='1503797']
Where abouts are you based?
[/quote]
I am in Swindon, Wilts

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1326883681' post='1503108']
I've got a 4-string 93 Fortress which is a keeper. Such a great neck on these...bump
[/quote]

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1326912444' post='1503706']
Had one once, a great design with that woody honk. These have got to start attracting more attention as time passes, for the Wenge neck alone. :gas: good luck[/quote]

Thanks, guys, you're right about the woody honk ............ and the neck!!

[quote name='Ghosts Over Japan' timestamp='1326936946' post='1504136']
If my bass sells I'm gonna grab this if it isn't too late, I love these basses! So comfy to play!
[/quote]

There has never been a better time to buy a used Warwick, prices are rock bottom for some reason, the quality and performance you get for your money cannot be equalled!

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1326963530' post='1504225']
There has never been a better time to buy a used Warwick, prices are rock bottom for some reason, the quality and performance you get for your money cannot be equalled!
[/quote]

To be fair the fortress 5 is the only warwick that I've really wanted, I think because the body shape is so similar to a Marleaux (my favourite basses) and they do balance incredibly well!

Still, gotta wait for mine to sell as I just don't have the cash, unless your interested in a nonn-metal looking ESP LTD five string with those real nice EMG's? :)

[quote name='Ghosts Over Japan' timestamp='1326997671' post='1505021']
To be fair the fortress 5 is the only warwick that I've really wanted, I think because the body shape is so similar to a Marleaux (my favourite basses) and they do balance incredibly well!

Still, gotta wait for mine to sell as I just don't have the cash, unless your interested in a nonn-metal looking ESP LTD five string with those real nice EMG's? :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the trade offer, but I need to recoup some cash from a recent gas attack!!