Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Wal Mk1 Fretless in Olive Ash

MoJoKe

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1326403026' post='1496893']
'Tiger feet' was my second ever single -, after Hurricane Smith's 'Oh babe, what would you say'. So I was buying their records!

Back on track, bump for a gorgeous bass :)
[/quote]

One of my very early one's too. Aah the smile it bought to my face when i heard the intro......

oh yeah, bump for a stunning bass :)

I've been asked by a couple of people what the neck profile is "C" or "V"... the truth is I don't know if it fits one of these.

When I ordered the first of my two basses I went to Electric Wood and chose the facings, and asked that the neck be matched as closely as possible to that of my Fender JV '57 precision. As a result it has standard width at the nut, but a fairly thin smooth rounded profile to the back of the neck.

Not sure if this helps...[attachment=99279:IMG_1708.JPG]

The reflection of the tuners makes it quite difficult to see!

Here are some profiles I just did with some thick solder wire. The profiles are accurate, the measurements are accurate-ish, as I don't have a micrometer, or whatever they are called!:-

[attachment=99289:10mm from Nut.jpg]

[attachment=99290:12th fret.jpg]

Edited by MoJoKe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Missed this thread entirely - but had to comment on the silver gloves being worn in the 123 vid. Can it be true that Michael Jackson ripped off Mud? By the way, glad I missed this thread first time round cos I couldn't afford the beautiful Wal on offer without selling the kids (...hmmm).
And MoJoke, nobody tried to take the piss cos there is great respect.

[quote name='JJMacL' timestamp='1332855380' post='1593983']
Missed this thread entirely - but had to comment on the silver gloves being worn in the 123 vid. Can it be true that Michael Jackson ripped off Mud? By the way, glad I missed this thread first time round cos I couldn't afford the beautiful Wal on offer without selling the kids (...hmmm).
And MoJoke, nobody tried to take the piss cos there is great respect.
[/quote]

Having such a good gig was great, though not sure about the perm, the chewing and the rubbishy miming!! I'd love to have that much hair now!!