Why become a member? ×

Off the block for now

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='geoffgascoyne' timestamp='1326932147' post='1504103']
Hello
I would like to see/try your bass for sale, where are you? I live in Beckenham south London, my name is Geoff Gascoyne my number is 07956 283900, hope to hear from you soon
Best wishes
Geoff
[/quote]

Hi Geoff,
welcome to the forum.
We've not actually met but I did call you out of the blue a couple of years ago to ask about a certain make of string you used on a Yamaha SLB200 you used on a tour.
I recall you were very helpful and friendly and offered good advice.
Hope you enjoy basschat and become a regular chatter!

Good luck with the Bryant
Keith

I think god is a little strong but thanks for the message, I would like to share some gear thoughts with everyone.

Basses
My gear has thinned down a lot of late, I sold both Ken Smiths last year but currently I own a sunburst 1964 relic jazz bass, a Marcus Miller 5 string jazz bass, a Dean 5 string acoustic bass guitar and only one German acoustic flatback bass. (I sold my other one last year and have been looking around for a replacement over the last few months). I also have a Yamaha SLB200 Silent bass and an NS CR 5 string upright.
Strings
Now that I am more focussing on jazz (i.e. no more pop work) I have been playing a new brand of acoustic Pirastro gut strings, the Corda Carlos Henriquez special edition, they are smaller gauge and more playable and sound like those old school players (Paul Chambers, Charlie Haden etc) I love them.
Amps
I own 3 SWRs, Baby Blue and Workingman combos and an SM900 head (which I am gonna sell) and I have a Gallien Krueger combo.

Better go now but speak soon

Best wishes

Geoff