Why become a member? ×

Bet this was a fun gig! Van Halen re-form with Diamond Dave

Clarky

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1325927542' post='1489843']
That track pre-dates Eat Em & Smile by a few years it was a Talas track in '78 iirc. Still a great showcase for his playing. ;)
[/quote]

Oh yeah, i love the Talas original, but i do love the Vai/Roth newer version too. I actually heard an amazing version live with Mr Big, Billy singing and playing with Paul Gilbert on guitar, now that was awesome...

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1325956859' post='1490401']
Oh yeah, i love the Talas original, but i do love the Vai/Roth newer version too. I actually heard an amazing version live with Mr Big, Billy singing and playing with Paul Gilbert on guitar, now that was awesome...
[/quote]

I think Roth's version was an improvement on the original. There are a good few live Mr. Big recordings of the song with Eric and/or Billy singing and of course the version on Vai's Live at the Astoria DVD.

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1325866287' post='1489100']
Love old VH, not overly taken with later Hagar VH, but I do love Chickenfoot. Off to see them next week!
[/quote]

I'm off to see them in Brixton. This time next week! I love Van Halen and Van Hagar but all the idiocy of the past decade or so has left me cold. Can't wait to see The Foot again.

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1325928454' post='1489849']
I think I read the synth was set at 44.1kHz instead of 48kHz or vise-versa or something along those lines, twas a technical f*** up rather than the chaps being able to play the right notes on the guitar.
[/quote]

S'wat I heard too- bless EVH for bending as much as he could- the backing track is pretty much a semitone out.
They must have done that song so much that they would have known something was up the minute the keys riff kicked in.
Bassist almost gives up too.