Why become a member? ×

Hipshot - Good customer support.

rk7

Just bought a new Hipshot Bridge (through BassDirect). Had an slight issue with the intonation screws galling in the saddles. I contacted Bill at Hipshot who is sending replacement screws, and a tap to clear the threads. From America-ville!

Good support, worth a shout.

RK

I had some problems with Hipshot a few years ago. First it was incredibly slow delivery (it was a catalogue item, but not a stock item), and when it came the screws in the saddles did not line up
with the grooves in the base plate. Got resolved eventually: They sent a complete replacement bridge and threw in a custom spacer to raise it for my particular bass.

So they did stick with it and resolve it but it was about 4 months between ordering the bridge and having one I could use.

About a year ago I phoned a British bass dealer to order some Hipshot tuners. The dealer didn't take my money but said he would order the tuners and would phone when the tuners were in stock. A month later nothing had appeared and no contact from dealer so I rang again. Again I was told the dealer would let me know when they were in stock. A further month passed so I emailed Hipshot and ordered the said tuners directly from Hipshot. They arrived from the US in less than a week.

I was tipped off about the slow delivery, but yes, it worth the wait. I also ordered 'proper' Gotoh tuners and they arrived in no time at all. Hardware changes, to black, are now all done, and chrome items will be on the marketplace soon. One bridge, five tuners.

RK