Why become a member? ×

Name that bass!

Conan

What is the bass being used here by Pete Trewavas? Looks like an Ibanez, and the closest I can find is the SR300, but the socket position and knob configuration is not quite right (and there's nothing worse that having your knobs oddly configured!).

Before seeing this video I assumed that he was using a Warwick or a Rick on the studio recording due to that growl....

Not everyone's taste in tone, I realise, but I like it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZXU2Kqw7k&feature=related[/media]

Edited by Conan

It looks a lot like an SRT800DX. Not sure the pick ups look wide enough though. They're not on the UK Ibanez site, you need to look on the US site. He does play Warwicks apparently, and others.

It certainly says he plays a RDB on the marillion website, don't know what they are :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1325616637' post='1485288']
It looks a lot like an SRT800DX. Not sure the pick ups look wide enough though. They're not on the UK Ibanez site, you need to look on the US site. He does play Warwicks apparently, and others.

It certainly says he plays a RDB on the marillion website, don't know what they are :)
[/quote]

Yeah, I knew about the Warwicks and the Ricks, but I know very little about the Ibanez product range! I love the sound he gets on The Whirlwind and assumed it was a thumb bass :rolleyes: . Sound-wise, the bass he uses on that video is very similar to the one he used to record it and I'd like to know more about the bass he used to get that tone...

As you say, it is not on the UK site - but I never thought to look at the US one! :blink: Cheers.